Sunday, July 5, 2020

"Anointed One" Progress

    So far, I have an interactive Bible verse feature in several places:  praise, worship, prayer, putting on the armor and clothing of God, and rest. Basically, you have to find in the Bible any verse that refers to one of these things and it will allow you to progress in that area. I also have the ability for the player to memorize scrolls of scriptures and use them later in other places. I'm also working on dialogues between characters in the game (the player, and NPCs (Non-Playing Characters)) - sharing the gospel and giving gifts and so on. I'm currently working on an interactive Inductive Bible Study feature (with colored markings on words and phrases - we'll see how far that goes 😉 [it's going to be tough to implement]). Also working on spiritual gifts and anointings and what effect each has on an NPC. My first play tester said I should allow the player to choose wether or not he will follow God or follow the Devil. I personally disagree - as I don't wish to glorify evil in a video game when so many games out there do exactly that. I want a linear progression towards good, while allowing you to choose how exactly you will go about it in choosing gifts and anointings and what "points" to expend on what character attributes you with to invest in, and how you interact with NPCs in dialogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defeating Evolution On A Mathematical Basis

  Defeating Evolution On A Mathematical Basis - An Article I Wrote in High School The majority of the arguments against or for evolution o...